DANTE’S INFERNO has been kicking around the cultural playground for over 700 years. But it has never before been interpreted with exquisitely hand-drawn paper puppets, brought to life using purely hand-made special effects. Until now. Rediscover this literary classic, retold in a kind of apocalyptic graphic novel meets Victorian-era toy theater. Dante’s Hell is brought to lurid 3-dimensional, high-definition life in a darkly comedic travelogue of the underworld — set against an all-too-familiar urban backdrop of used car lots, gated communities, strip malls, and the U.S. Capitol. And populated with a contemporary cast of reprobates, including famous — and infamous — politicians, presidents, popes, pimps. And the Prince of Darkness himself.
- THE MOVIE in it's original 16:9 widescreen format and the sweet Dolby 5.1 surround mix.
- TWO COMMENTARY TRACKS. One is done by us, the filmmakers. The second is a conversation between America's leading puppetry scholar John Bell and the renowned Dante scholar Peter Hawkins.
- BEHIND THE SCENES. A 15 minute 'making of' doc that gives a behinds the scenes look at our production.
- The ORIGINAL FILM TRAILER.
- MUSIC: On the data section of the DVD are MP3 files of two of the film's songs: "The Lobbyists" sung by Martha Plimpton, and the beautiful end credit song "Follow You Down" written and performed by Mark McAdam.
Feb. 11, 2014: Hoping to have some good news in a week or so.
Upcoming Screenings [past screenings]
Screening at BAM Cinematek in Brooklyn
on Sunday, November 11th, 2012
© 2014, Dante Film, LLC | Site design: Copy & Design